writing with light
Photo (Greek, phōtōs) - light
Graphy (Greek, graphia) - to write
Photography is literally "writing with light." I love this! I am, first and foremost, a storyteller.
Everyone and everything has a story to tell. The architect's or designer's structure or space. The chef's dish. A company's products or services. You, your family, your children. Your wedding, your engagement. I take great pride in capturing a vision, envisaging brands, preserving memories, and artistically bringing each story to life in a way that deeply impacts everyone who views it.
I would be honored to tell your story.
who i am
Quick story... when I was in high school, I dated a particular girl until I was told by her parents that I'd no longer be able to see her because I'd done something incredibly foolish (nothing illegal, mind you). Like any creative worth his salt, I put pen to paper and crafted a compelling entreaty in which I apologized and took full responsibility for the aforementioned foolishness. Of course, her parents relented. Upon my absolution and the official reinstatement of our relationship her mother told me, "You need to be a writer when you get older!" Now I am a writer, and this is simply another form of writing.
I've always been drawn to the creative. I play a few instruments, write songs, and I'm fascinated by film. I love the creative side of branding and communication, and I become captivated when people tell me about their lives and businesses. I truly enjoy getting to know people and learning what makes them who they are. I love architecture, symmetry (and asymmetry, for that matter), and design. I love sunrises and sunsets, and the beauty of God's creation in general captivates me.
For the past decade, I've been blessed to experience success in each of my career forays. I've been involved in marketing/advertising, branding, creative media, and project management. I've had the opportunity to invest with a few friends in an amazing local coffee start-up that's thriving, and I continue to consult and write for it. I've done well at each stop, made progressively greater income along the way, and learned a tremendous amount. I'm excited to apply all of that experience to my photography clients.
A few random facts about me...
- I love my God and Savior and believe my primary calling is to glorify Him in all that I do.
- I love my wife, six kids, and greatest of Great Danes. Yes, these pictures are a bit outdated because, get this: we haven't had professional photos done in a while! I know, I know...
- I love all things entrepreneurial.
- I love to learn.
- I put all kinds of things in my fried rice that don't normally go there: tomatoes, jalapenos, avocados... seriously though, avocados are good in everything.
working with me
So, what can you expect when working with me? I can make you these promises:
- Passion: I will give you everything I've got to tell your story as it should be told. I love what I do, and it shows!
- Professionalism: I will treat you the way that I want to be treated - kindly, fairly, and honestly. This makes for a relaxed, fun, and professional shoot.
- Attention to Detail: I never overbook and will always take the time necessary to create beautiful images, both while shooting and in post-production.
- Quality: I use Canon professional bodies, lenses, and flashes (when necessary), post-process using Adobe software, and always back up files to ensure security.
- Delivery: I understand the importance of timeliness, and will abide by our agreed-upon delivery date. Additionally, images will be delivered via personal website gallery for proofing and download.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss a project, please contact me.