Here are a few of the most frequently asked questions, along with a more detailed pricing schedule. If you have a unique property which requires something other than what you find here, please call and let's discuss it.
Q: Who needs to be at the shoot?
A: I recommend that the agent arrive in advance to prepare the home for the shoot to his/her liking. It is also general home during the shoot. This helps the photographer to work with the least amount of distraction, which yields the best results. However, we work under whichever circumstances you feel are best for the your seller(s). Sometimes that means that they prefer to be home, which I certainly understand!
why work with me?
My goal is simple: to help you sell homes more quickly, for a higher price. Quick and easy shoot scheduling, fast turnaround times (next business day) on images, and uploading listing photos are a few of the ways I do that. Let me make sure that each of your listings are beautifully and accurately represented online so that you can focus on what's important.
Property Value ... Price / Photos
Up to 2,000 sq ft ... $149 / 25 photos
Up to 3,000 sq ft ... $189 / 30 photos
Up to 4,000 sq ft ... $239 / 35 photos
Up to 5,500 sq ft ... $299 / 45 photos
Up to 6,500 sq ft ... $369 / 55 photos
Above 6,500 sq ft / 60+ photos ... Let's talk
Twilight Exteriors ... $99 **
Drone Photography ... $199 ***
Digital image delivery the next business day in most cases.
* Within a 30 mile radius of 37311; an additional $50 will be added for travel up to 50 miles. For overnight travel, please call.
** Twilight price is per finished photo due to the time-intensive work involved in producing each image.
*** Drone photography for showcasing aerial views of property and amenities; number of photos will vary based upon property size and agent request.
"but, i own a DSLR..."
Far more goes into a professional real estate shoot than a digital camera. Here are some essential components to professional real estate photography:
- Tilt-shift Lens - this makes a far bigger difference than the camera. A wide angle, tilt-shift lens provides sharp images with accurate color rendering, eliminates distortion (the stretching of objects, curving counter tops, etc...) common to consumer and many professional wide angle lenses, and allows the ability to "shift" perspective to perfectly represent each space.
- Professional tripod / geared head - these are necessary to ensure proper exposure, alignment, and image sharpness; they must be heavy duty, ultra-stable, and able to accurately dial in minute adjustments.
- Composition - how the photo is composed matters; understanding leading lines, height, angles, and other details all factor into the visual appeal of a space.
- Post-production - this covers everything that happens after the shoot is over, editing each image to make sure everything is just right. This is particularly important for any property that has a view to showcase, such as the beautiful mountain lodge below, or when a twilight photo is desired to add that bit of extra pop to a listing.
bracketing, Compositing, and other
things you shouldn't have to worry about
The above Before & After photo is a composite of the two images below. It is simply impossible to properly expose both the interior and exterior portions of a photograph, such as the one above, in a single exposure. The only way to accomplish this is through bracketing exposures and compositing the images in post.
Exposing for a naturally lit interior will always leave a bright exterior view over-exposed and washed out.
Exposing for a bright exterior will always leave a natural interior too dimly lit, resulting in too much shadow and no detail.
Twilight images provide an incredible dynamic to the photos that can really make a listing pop. This type of shooting requires considerable time and care in order to produce a single, high quality photo.
schedule a shoot
Simply click on a date, select the shoot time, add a few details, and that's it. Feel free to call if you'd like to discuss shoot specifics before scheduling: 865.257.6643